Charité Medical Specialist Training ProgramEnlarge image
The Charité is the largest university hospital in Germany and the medical care, research and teaching delivered on its premises is of the highest international standard. The Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin is internationally renowned for its excellence in teaching and training.
Having marked its 300 year anniversary in 2010, the Charité is currently one of the largest employers in Berlin with about 13,200 staff members of which 3,700 are physicians and resarchers and 220 are professors.
In cooperation with the Ministry of Education of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Federal Ministry of Health in Germany, the Charité established the
Charité Medical Specialist Training Program for Saudi Arabia
Features of this unique program are:
- One year language training at the Charité campus in Berlin in classes with up to 15 fellow doctors from KSA (knowledge of the German language is not required before arrival in Berlin)
- Five to six years fully-integrated further training according to the curriculum of the Berlin Chamber of Physicians leading to the Medical Specialist Certificate (in German: Facharzt) after an examination
- Full member of the medical team
- Regular review of training progress for each individual participant by the Medical Directorate of the Charité (Program Manager)
- Equal salary (compared with German doctors) including social security contributions and benefits
- Assistance with all administrative procedures (visa, work and residence permit), accomodation etc.
For the upcoming rotation (starting in July 2018) the Charité offers:
15 training positions (leading to full specialization)
Ten positions in total for the following specializations: orthopedics and trauma surgery, urology, dermatology, anesthesiology, nephrology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, cardiology, radiology, oncology, plus five positions in other medical specializations.
- Citizenship of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Graduation at a university in KSA or another university abroad with excellent results
- Scholarship of an institution in KSA.
For further information, please contact the Charité directly via email:
charite%27%de,medical-specialist%27%trainingEnlarge image (© Charité)